Below is important information you need to know before staying at Shell Island.
Please note this may change on accordance to latest Welsh government guidelines.
We kindly ask that you check for updates via our website or this link as we will update if needed.
We have implemented several measures so that we can still provide an enjoyable and safe visit to Shell Island.
DUE TO LIMITED NUMBERS AVAILABLE TO STAY, DURING BUSY TIMES WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THAT ONCE ONSITE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EXTEND YOUR STAY.
1 booking per household, make sure all party members names are added to your booking. We may ask for proof of address and ID upon arrival for all members 16 and over. Failure to have these available upon request will result in your booking being cancelled and refusal on to site.
- Check in- Reception will be operation a 1 way system to help adhere to social distancing, we ask that you form a que outside and follow all markings and Where possible only 1 member of the party to come into reception to check in for your stay. Please make sure you have a copy of your confirmation booking available to show us upon arrival, this can either be printed out or shown on a mobile phone/device, your confirmation now includes a barcode for us to scan for us to retrieve your booking information. Reception will close for approx. 30 minutes during the day for shift change and to thoroughly clean, this is to keep us all safe so please be patient. There will also be an NHS test and trace barcode available to “check in” upon arrival. Upon arrival, please use the main toilet block as access to the snack bar toilets will be restricted to people purchasing food etc.
- Test and trace- Please note we must adhere to the Welsh governments test and trace protocols, so when booking we you will be asked to provide names of your party for all members for contact tracing purposes. If requested, we will share these details with public health Wales for the purpose of contact tracing. Please be assured all information is handled in accordance with our standard GDPR rules. Please make sure if you are booking that all family names are changed to coincide with your members staying.
- Toilets and showers- To help keep to a high standard of cleaning some toilet blocks onsite will remain closed. We can advise you of this on arrival. There will be a limited capacity to facilitate social distancing, so for this reason there may be a short wait for the facilities. It may help with this if you could bring your own portable toilet with you to have at your site and this will help with demand and queuing. We have elsan/toilet disposable points available in the centre of the Island by the main toilet block (DO NOT EMPTY INTO ANY NORMAL ONSITE TOILETS). We will ask that everyone waiting to use showers or toilets ques outside of the buildings to not cause any issues with social distancing. All facilities will be cleaned and fogged regularly so again this may cause a wait as we can not have anybody using the facilities whilst this is happening, we will try and keep wait time to a minimum during this process. The Make up room/hair dryer room is currently closed due to being unable to adhere to social distancing rules
- Face masks- In accordance with the latest Government regulations, the following will apply. The wearing of face coverings in indoor public spaces is compulsory including toilets and entering the shower block (except for children under 11 years and those with medical or other exemptions). If you are exempt, we would kindly ask, if possible for you to wear something which indicates this.
- Snack bar and Bar – Currently the snack bar and bar will be operating for takeout/outside seating only. There will be 1-way systems in place for each of these and will be signs up for you to follow. If possible, please make sure only 1 member of the party que for your order to reduce numbers of people in the buildings. Whilst queuing please always adhere to the 2-meter social distancing. Currently the camp shop will not be offering ice pack hire, the supermarket and camp shop will be stocking bags of ice to purchase.
- Pizza- You can prebook a collection slot for pizzas from 12pm in the snack bar and then collect your pizza from the outside pizza area at your chosen collection time.
- Shops – All onsite shops will be operating under a limited number allowed inside at a time, please see each shop for their numbers. Please wait outside until your advised it is safe to enter. Please check shop hours with each shop as due to higher cleaning schedules and shift changes these may close during the day or earlier than advertised in the leaflet.
- Hand sanitizing – Hand sanitising units will be available outside of all the onsite departments and facilities, we ask that these are used before entering any building. It is advisable to bring your own hand sanitiser to help reduce the risk on any other contact points onsite. Please use your sanitiser before and after using any onsite taps or skips.
- Children- All children under 16 must be supervised whilst onsite to make sure they are adhering to all social distancing rules. Children over 11 years old must also wear a face mask inside any onsite buildings unless exempt.
- Games room- Due to current regulations and social distancing procedures we are unfortunately unable to open the Games room currently.
- First aid – Due to restrictions we are limited on what treatment we can give. We will not be able to assist with any basic first aid unless life threatening. For this reason we would advise that everyone carries there own first aid kits incase needed. A list of local hospital and doctors will be available on the notice board outside of reception.
- Issues onsite- If you have any problems whilst onsite, we ask to minimise the number of people visiting reception to phone us to discuss the problem. Phone numbers for both reception and after hours for the Gate house/security are available in the camping leaflet that you will receive when you book in for camping.
- ATM - We currently do not have any ATM machines available onsite or cashback facilities.
We also ask that all visitors to follow good hygiene practises by ensuring that you wash your hands properly with soap and water frequently whilst on site.
If you or any or your party members have any symptoms before arrival please follow all guidelines and stay at home.
If you or any member becomes ill during your stay please phone 119 for advice and to book a test or book at www.gov.wales/getting-tested-coronavirus-covid-19
Please respect the staff that are all working hard to help keep you and ourselves safe during these times. Abuse towards staff members will not be tolerated at all.
Please help us by following these regulations to make sure you all have a safe enjoyable stay.